Faculty teaching online courses may be interested in getting setup with an Adobe Connect account for web conferencing with your students, offered in collaboration with BC Campus. An instructor will be setup with an Adobe Connect account “room” that is accessible as a web link that can then also be embedded into a Moodle course.
Adobe Connect Web Conferencing allows you to:
. By voice or web camera with meeting participants
. Allow participants to “chat” using a text chat function
. Conduct online polls or surveys
. Create “breakout groups” for small group discussion
. presentations ( .ppt, .pptx)
. Adobe PDF ( .pdf)
. video ( .swf, .flv)
. audio ( .mp3)
. images ( .jpg)
. files of any type for downloading
. your computer’s desktop or applications live
. allow your meeting guests to share their applications — they
can even let you control their own applications
You can use it to:
- Schedule online “real-time” course or workshop sessions
- Hold online “office hours”
- Bring expert guests into your classrooms from afar
- Conduct meetings
You can try an online demo of the system at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/adobeconnect/index.cfm?event=trial
More information about Adobe Connect can be found at http://www.adobe.com/ca/products/adobeconnect.html
Please send an email with your interest for setting up a room to email@example.com Documentation will then be provided for how to use the system and face to face meetings can be arranged for anyone living in Vancouver.
How do I get going with Adobe Connect?
What do you need to participate in an Adobe Connect meeting?
How do you “get to” an Adobe Connect meeting?
How do I get help for using Adobe Connect?
- Visit the Scope BC Campus resources page at http://scope.bccampus.ca/course/view.php?id=364
- There are a number of helpful resources from Adobe such as Quick start guide for participants (PDF), Jumpstart for Participants (video 2:06), and Attending A Meeting (video 1:50).
- Need technical help? Check this Help page for documents and guides or contact the BCcampus Helpdesk, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm (Pacific Time) excluding statutory holidays.
- Unexpected outage? If no notification came through the ConnectService listserv, then there may be many reasons why you are unable to connect. If the problem arises outside of business hours, contact Adobe Connect or try to connect again after a few hours.