Arca is a collaborative initiative to support the development and implementation of digital repositories at BC post-secondary institutions. Foundational to the creation of the proposed Provincial Digital Library, Arca is a province-wide network of institutional repositories that:
- provides access to faculty and student research output across multiple post-secondary institutions via a cross-repository search layer;
- supports the management of institutional digital assets;
- showcases BC as a hub for knowledge creation across Canada and around the world.
Arca is built on Islandora, a Canadian-developed open-source platform currently in use at over 100 public and private institutions worldwide. This shared platform provides post-secondary institutions with open-access repositories for research, theses, and any other digital assets they wish to make available to the wider community.
Arca is made possible by a partnership between the British Columbia Electronic Library Network (BC ELN) and Charlottetown, PEI-based software firm discoverygarden, supported by a grant from the Ministry of Advanced Education.
Visit the Arca repositories:
- Main Arca site: search across all the Arca repositories
- College of the Rockies: COTRspace
- Douglas College: Douglas Open Repository (DOOR)
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Justice Institute of BC: The Vault
- Thompson Rivers University: TRUSpace
- University of the Fraser Valley: HarvestIR
- University of Northern BC