Moodle is used at the Emily Carr University of Art + Design by faculty for the creation of online and face to face courses and resources for the student community. For more information about the Moodle system itself please visit the About Moodle page.
Please visit the main Moodle Faculty Support page for the latest Moodle news, as well as the main site http://courses2.ecuad.ca and use the Instructor Services drop-down menus, to access learning materials for using Emily Carr University’s Moodle site. These include,
- Quick Start Guide
- Faculty Guide to Online Learning
- Best Practices Guide
- Online Pedagogy Guide (introducing more Web 2.0 tools).
*Please note: that you will be prompted for your Emily Carr username and a password to login to these tutorials. You can then use the enrollment key of “faculty” for accessing the faculty guides. These will then be added to the courses section of your “My home” area.
- Faculty can also visit the main Moodle documentation site at http://docs.moodle.org/22/en?lang=en, which also provide forums for troublshooting issues.
- For additional online tutorials, faculty may use the Lynda.com Moodle 2 online video tutorials – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the login information.
- Future upcoming Moodle Workshops to assist faculty will be announced on a regular basis in this site and on the Teaching and Learning Centre website, during each semester.
*Please Note*: Students are now automatically enrolled into courses.
This is a video of some basic Moodle features (some of these are specific to Moodle 2.2+).
Faculty can access Moodle from the main website, by going to the hotlinks area and clicking on “online courses” link to get to this Moodle site.