by Scott Leslie
BCcampus has launched a new service to help educators find FREE and OPEN educational resources they can reuse in their courses and customize WITHOUT CHARGE or WITHOUT SEEKING PERMISSION.
The availability of Free and Open educational resources is exploding. As is the availability of Open Textbooks. Yet often educators are unaware of these resources, and finding them through a generic Google search can be daunting.
In order to help raise awareness off the availability of these resources, and maake them easier to find, BCcampus has created the Free Learning site – http://freelearning.bccampus.ca/ . From this site, which requires no accounts or login, you can
- find new Open Education Sites and search within JUST THOSE SITES
- find new Open Textbook sites and search within JUST THOSE SITES
- learn about new Open content initiatives here in BC
- easily see all the Creative Commons content currently available in the BCcampus Shareable Online Learning Resources service
- read and subscribe to the latest Open Content news
For institutional reps, you may also be interested to learn how BCcampus can create a free version of this site for your own campus, with your own branding and domain name, or else how you can incorporate any of these searches into your own local serves and sites. Please contact Scott Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 250-415-3490 for more details.
External URL http://freelearning.bccampus.ca/