Audio Visual + Media Resources
Visit their web page at,
Branding and Logos
There are MS Word templates, and higher quality versions of our logo available here (just use your Emily Carr email username/password to login): http://www.ecuad.ca/brand
Digital Output Centre (Doc)
The DOC is both a service bureau and a resource centre. Students, staff, and faculty can submit digital files for output using wide format inkjet printers, photographic image recorders, imagePress, CD/DVD printer, and a vinyl cutter. The DOC is also home to scanning equipment and colour calibrated workstations for preparing files for printing. Carlos Mendes and Eduardo Rodriguez are the resident Studio Technicians available to guide you through the process of preparing and submitting files for output. The DOC is located in room 396 and Carlos & Eduardo can be contacted at email@example.com.
Contact the Teaching and Learning Centre for assistance with setting up the Thunderbird email program on your laptop.
- Send an email to a class (Faculty only)
- Changing your password
- Wireless Networking Setup
- Accessing Emily Carr E-mail
- Accessing Emily Carr Dial-up services
- Creating a RTF Document
- Creating a PDF File
Emily Carr Main Website
The University Advancement Office has been working together to develop a number of procedures that should prove helpful to the Emily Carr community. In light of the challenges with the self-publishing links, one such procedure is the attached, Posting to the Emily Carr Website. We are delighted that so many people wish to assist with the communications process and are pleased to help make things a little easier so that everyone may participate.
For immediate IT assistance please contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FTP Guide (PDF 315k)
How to access your private space from home
- Mac Wireless Guide (PDF 234k)
How to connect to ECI’s wireless network
- OSX Network Access Guide (PDF 582k)
How to connect to students’ Private spaces & Instructor Drop Boxes while in the labs
Policies + Procedures
Faculty may have access to several printers located through the Emily Carr University campus.
- 3rd floor printer (south building)
- Room 339 corral, 3rd floor (south building) – black and white and colour printers – requires that faculty get a print card from the Deans office
- 4th floor printer (south building)
- Mailroom printer (north building)
154NB is the mailroom and copyroom. The Mailroom Printer is located here. Also there are 3 photocopy machines. The middle and the far left are both the same Canon machine; take a look at the instructions provided on the machine to access various tools including scan to email(s), scan to USB and printing from a USB. The internal instructions the machine provides are didactic and just take a bit of patience to follow.
- Room 156 (north building, beside the Mail Room) – requires that faculty get a print card from the Deans office
- Mac Lab 203 (north building) – black and white and colour printers – requires that faculty get a print card from the Deans office
- Teaching and Learning Centre (Room 201, north building) – please note that larger print jobs (over 20 pages) must be done in one of the other locations.
- Install ECU Public Printers on Your Mac Laptop (7MB zip file will download immediately) Updated September 5/2012
- Install ECU Staff/Faculty Printers on Your Mac Laptop (authentication required. Download will be immediate). Updated September 5/2012
- Install ECU Public Printers on PC Win 7 Professional 64bit Laptops (80MB file will download & instructional PDF – Win 7 Home not supported)
A small web printer installer for the additional printers is available for Mac faculty laptops or faculty computers by contacting email@example.com who will then send you the self-installing application via email. Please contact the Teaching and Learning Centre for assistance with setting up your laptop for printer access to the printer located in the Teaching and Learning Centre.
Find out where to scan and what equipment is available to use at Emily Carr University.
Emily Carr’s “smart rooms”, contain an integrated, remote controlled audiovisual system.The designated Smart Rooms are 221c, 245, 291, 301, 320, 340, 350. Orientation and training workshops are available at the beginning of each semester to help faculty gain experience with any of the classrooms’ advanced presentation systems. For assistance with AV technologies, contact us in-person, by telephone at 604. 844. 3829 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For theater and classroom availability and bookings, contact Facilities at email@example.com.
To book one of the three computer labs in the north building, please contact Jim Oaten who will schedule the room for you.
Those wishing to book a room for lectures or talks outside class times must complete and submit:
- a Request for Room booking form
- an ECU Events / Lectures — Request for Audio-Visual Services form (if booking theatre 301)
The Request for Room Booking form and the Request for Audio-Visual Services form are available in the Facilities Office room 200.
Please submit both forms to Facilities Department 2 weeks prior to the booking date.
Requests must be reviewed and signed by appropriate authorized administration before any booking can be confirmed or room reserved.
It is highly recommended that an AV technician be hired for lectures/talks in the theatre (room 301) that fall outside 4:30pm or weekends due to limited AV staffing.
If technical or user problems occur, the evening and weekend AV staff person may not be able to assist.
The university’s booking policy and procedures is currently being reviewed.
Please be aware that there may be changes to the current policy and procedure for booking university space in the future.
Attached, please find the following:
The following policies can be found on the Emily Carr website at http://www.ecuad.ca/about/governance/policies
- 6.3 Facility Space Allocation – http://www.ecuad.ca/sites/www.ecuad.ca/files/pages/release1/6.3%20Facility%20Space%20Allocation_0.pdf
- 6.3.1 Facility Space Allocation Procedures – http://www.ecuad.ca/sites/www.ecuad.ca/files/pages/release1/6.3.1%20Facility%20Space%20Allocation%20Procedures_0.pdf
Video or Digital Video Editing
There is a full dubbing station service available for the dubbing conversion of 3/4”, VHS, Beta, MiniDV through the AV and Film Departments. Please see the Dubbing-Room Equipment List for a complete list of equipment.
Please contact Rafael Tsuchida in the Fim Video Integrated Media Department for obtaining access.